Pride of Madeira (Echium candicans)
– Echium is in bloom (see above).
– Road trip to Santa Barbara. Transmodern highlight: Hanging out in a beach house with the Norwegians, cooking Indian food while listening to hill-billy trip hop.
– Meeting film historian Jan Anders Diesen and getting a private lecture and screening of never-before-seen footage from every major polar expedition, including Byrd, Amundsen, Shackleton, etc.
– Delivering my new line of furniture to Healdsburg Shed.
– Wowhaus wins a new public art commission for the City of Cincinnati.
– Visit from my younger brother and his family (pending, arriving today).
– Aili is offered an Academic Honors Scholarship to Occidental College.
– Bodysurfing the point break off of Leadbetter Beach in Santa Barbara.